Call 1975; MA (Cantab); CEDR Accredited Mediator; FCIArb; FBCS
- Chartered Arbitrator and a CEDR Accredited Mediator. He has carried out approximately 30 mediations, mostly of IT disputes, and has sat as sole arbitrator. He has been instructed as counsel in numerous arbitrations, including ICC, LCIA and ICSID arbitrations.
- Dual-qualified as both a barrister and a computer programmer - he is a Fellow of the British Computer Society and is on the BCS panel of suggested arbitrators. He is on the CIArb IT/IP panel. Named as a leading junior in Information Technology in Legal 500.
- In addition to IT disputes, his specialist areas of practice in which he is competent to act as arbitrator include construction and engineering disputes, as well as contractual disputes generally.
- Co-author of to Expert Determination, Third Edition, John Kendall, Sweet & Maxwell, 2008.
- Clive was a member of the Working Party chaired by Senior Master Whitaker which drafted Civil Procedure Rules Practice Direction 31B on disclosure of Electronic Documents. He maintains a website which refers to English case-law on electronic disclosure, at www.edisclosure.uk.com. Clive is available to assist parties in relation to disputes about disclosure either as mediator or as arbitrator. Click here for further details.
The articles and materials at this web site are provided for information purposes only, and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. The articles may not reflect recent developments in the law. If you have a legal problem, you should consult a suitably qualified lawyer. The contents of articles and papers represent the views of the authors, and may not represent the views of other members of chambers.
3 Verulam Buildings Gray's Inn, London WC1R 5NT
TEL: +44(0)20 7831 8441 FAX: +44(0)20 7831 8479 firstname.lastname@example.org www.3vb.com