Consistently ranked at the top of the league tables, our members are renowned for their expertise in civil fraud and asset recovery. This substantial depth and breadth of expertise reflects 3VB’s focus on excellence both in technical ability and dedication to client service. Members’ expertise in financial matters provides a strong foundation for their ability to act in particularly complex disputes. Recent high profile cases include the unprecedented overturning of a Court of Appeal decision in the Supreme Court arising out of alleged frauds following the collapse of an Ecuadorian bank, two on-going Commercial Court actions by Kazakh claimants asserting complex financial frauds with values in excess of US$150m, and substantial multi-party fraud claims brought by lenders against real estate professionals.
The value of instructing a set with such a core strength in civil fraud is reflected in our members’ involvement in other cases such as:
- the £2.5bn claim against Grant Thornton by Vincent Tchenguiz,
- the high-profile £350m claim Hirco Plc & ors v Niranjan Hiranandani & ors
- conjoined cases, two of the largest fraud claims currently in the Commercial Court: (A) Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc v Zhunus and ors and (B) Alliance Bank JSC v Zhunus and ors
- the dispute between the estate of the late Georgian oligarch ‘Badri’ Patarkatsishvili and the Russian businessman Vasily Anisimov involving billions of dollars’ worth of claims
- a US$9bn fraud claim against Maan Al Sanea and the Saad Group, one of the largest fraud claims ever litigated
- acting for Deutsche Bank in its successful battle against Sebastian, the trading vehicle of Norwegian billionaire, Alexander Vik. Sebastian counterclaimed US$8 bn making this one of the largest ever claims in the High Court.
This extraordinary depth and breadth of expertise reflects 3VB’s focus on excellence both in technical ability and dedication to client service.